Upgrade Your Computer’s Programs
If you are experiencing technical difficulties in viewing pages such as:
- Having to “right-click” to open documents
- PDF, PowerPoint or Keynote files not opening
- Flash content not operating
- Java Script not functioning
- Files, images, movies taking too long to open or download
- Other interesting phenomena
It might be that you will need to:
- Clear your “Cache and History”. Sometimes users keep going back to a saved page in the browser which is inappropriate to the new situation.
- “Right-click” to open documents. Sometimes also, a double click is required. Downloading or opening documents, images, videos etc., can slow down a computer. Close out of any unwanted windows and be patient. Upgrading your computer is always helpful.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.
- Upgrade current versions of PowerPoint and Keynote programs.
- Disable your “pop-up” blocker or other security preferences for viewing sites.
- You may want to allow “http://merrymeetingshares.com” as an exception when adjusting your security preferences.
- Be sure to check your Junk Email bin to see if messages from us accidentally ended up there.
- Be sure to have the latest versions of Java and Flash enabled on your computer.
- Upgrade your browser. Internet Explorer is sometimes a problematic browser. We suggest Firefox.
- View appropriate pages as “simple html’ rather than as dynamic content. Some browsers allow for this choice.
- Change from dial-up to a faster connection.