Simple instructions for how to do common time trade related things. These are all for members who have accounts on our web site and have already been activated. If you need help with something not listed here, contact us for help.
Time and Talents
We have switched to a new time banking software: Time and Talents, the software that supports hOurworld! Not to worry, over 30% of members have converted from CW-II.
- Help for each page of the site may be accessed with the [Help] button at the top of that page.
- You can also read through the Member Guide.
What All Members should do After the Transition!
Since we have just transferred all member and trade information from the old site to the new site, it is very important that each member check their profile! Not all information was
transferred* so some things you will want to set up again on your profile. *(Bios, long service descriptions are truncated).
Follow these steps to be sure you’re ready to trade!
1. Log in
- Go to https://hourworld.org/bank/ Don’t worry that it says hOurworld. The system will look you up and take you to your exchange.
- Log in using the email address you had listed on the old site.
- Everyone’s password has been reset so the first time you log in you’ll use: Abc@123 (careful of capitalization).
2. Change Your Password (MOST IMPORTANT!)
- Click the Profile button in the row of buttons near the top of the page.
- Next to your name, click ‘edit profile’
- Under the text fields, click Change Your Password.
- New fields will appear to type in your new password twice (you may have to scroll down to see them).
- Click SAVE Password. At the bottom it should say: Your password has been changed.
3. Check Your Profile
- Stay on the Profile page.
- Check Your Name and Info – Did everything get transferred correctly? Is this how you would like other members to see your first and last name listed? Please note that of the address you list on this page, only city and state will be displayed to other members.
- Another Note: During the transfer, some members’ names (with three parts) have an underscore character (_) in the first name space. You can simply delete this so it displays normally, and/or adjust your first and last names as necessary.
- Add a Short Bio – Any text you had on your old profile page did not get transferred. Write a few sentences about yourself to give other members a sense of who you are and anything else relevant to trading, such as notes on availability or preferred contact. Bios get searched when other members are looking for you!
- When you’re done, be sure to click Save.
4. Check Your Contact Info
- Click the Profile button, then click ‘edit contact info’ (right below your contact info).
- Did your phone and email get transferred correctly? You can delete info you don’t want listed, or add other types of info you do want. If you select to have any info private, that means by our coordinators can see it but other members cannot. Otherwise, info that you add will be visible to other members. It’s up to you how you want members to contact you and what info you decide to list. If you set your email to Private members can still contact you with a ‘Message Me’ link.
5. Check Your Account Balance
- Click [News] on the menu bar.
- On the right under the header you will see your balance. Click ‘edit statement’ to see more…
- Balances are verified and adjusted if needed when the conversion is performed, so they all should reflect your closing balance in CW-II.
- Note that some service categories did not get transferred exactly, and many have been changed for more general usage. This has no real affect on your account and your number of hours is still accurate.
6. Check Your Service Offers and Requests
- Click the Profile button on the menu bar. In the lower half of the page you see two columns with your offers, and requests.
- Did the services you offer get transferred correctly? Are they up to date? If not, click ‘edit offers’, or ‘edit requests’
- Please take the time now to add any new services you are willing to provide, mand also take down any services you are no longer offering.
7. Add a Photo
- Profile photos did not get transferred from the old site. It is not required, but we encourage everyone to add a photo to their profile! If you don’t want your own photo posted, think about a picture that represents you or something you like. It makes the site a more friendly place and encourages people to contact you for trades!
- To add a photo, follow the instructions below.
8. Join Some Groups
- From the old site, affiliations and neighborhoods you may have selected did not get transferred. In addition, these exact categories don’t exist in the new site, but instead we can use Groups.
- Read about how groups work below, and join the relevant groups.
- The list of groups has to be built up and since this site is new to us, the list is very short so far! We have added a few groups mainly as examples, so we strongly encourage members to add whatever groups you would like to see!
How to Add a Photo to your Profile
- Click the Profile button on the menu bar, then click the profile image place holder.
- Click Browse to choose an image from your computer. It must be under 2MB.
- Click Upload Image.
- Click Profile again to go back. You may need to force a page refresh to see your new image (Firefox/Safari > There are simple instructions on the login and image upload pages to fix this.).
What you can do with Groups
Groups let members organize into subgroups of the exchange in order to find members with similar interests, and communicate with them easily. This is functionality our old site didn’t have, so we will use Groups to take the place of things like affiliations and neighborhoods plus much more.
Joining a Group
- Click Groups on the menu bar.
- You will see a list of existing groups in the lower half of the screen. To join any group, click Add at the left of the group name.
- Groups you have joined will now appear at the top right area of the Groups page.
Adding a Group
- We strongly encourage members to add their own groups to better serve your needs and connect with others in the community.
- Simply type the name of your new group in the text field below your existing groups, and click Add.
- You will automatically be added to this group, and the rest of the exchange will be invited to join from the news area.
How to Enter a Transaction
- Click the Hours.
- Fill in the fields on this page. Typically the member who received the service will enter the transaction, but it can be done by the provider, so make sure you choose the right option.
- On the next page, start to type in and select the person you traded with.
- On the page after that, start to type in and select the category of your trade.
- On the last page, (If you are the receiver and reporting) choose whether you were satisfied with the service. and if you are willing to be a reference for this service provider.
- Select the service in the list of services from the category you chose in the previous step.
- Click Record Transaction and your trade will be saved!
How to Manage your Weekly Emails
The Automatic Weekly Update:
This is an email that the new site sends out automatically each week, listing the latest messages, and new offers and requests that have been posted on the site in the past week.
It is possible to unsubscribe from these particular automated emails. To do that:
- Click the Profile button.
- Scroll down and near the bottom right it says: Send Weekly Updates?
- Click that switch so it reads .